Well, I read through the end of the 7th LN. The whipsawing between pathos on one hand, and pandering sex on the other… continued unabated. Things on the prurient side:
1. Multiple threesomes.
2. Yuri – lots.
3. At least two orgies.
4. Saving two worlds through the second orgy. Which, by the way, was televised, world-wide. Uncensored.
5. A sex scene involving a 13-year old and a realistic dildo. With penetration.
6. Sister-sister incest, and bro-con incest. At least Reiri was terribly embarassed and tried to conceal it.
Continuing with the pathos (and angst)
7. The American team shows up, and the leader hates Yurisha, her former leader.
8. One battle involves 15 students killed (unnamed mooks).
9. At least two named antagonists are killed.
10. Chidorigafuchi Aine’s memory comes back slowly. About that….
Ok, lets face it. I was disappointed when #6 finally showed up, but #5 was too damn far. I don’t see how they’re going to get that even on AT-X, and frankly, I don’t want them to.
I read the first half of the 8th LN. Referencing GreyDuck’s comment below, “And then the streams crossed the final frontier!” Seriously, I should have quit while I was ahead.