Stop me if you’ve heard this before:
- Game designer watches as his game get shut down.
- Suddenly finds himself in a game world.
- As the Demon Lord he designed/played.
- No social skills; he can’t deal with people.
- So he roleplays the demon lord.
- Of course he’s completely OP.
Yes, it’s a complete re-hash of How Not To Summon A Demon Lord. While there’s a few different twists, it’s largely the same formula all over again. Summoned into a fantasy world not of his own making, he quickly ends up responsible for a pre-teen girl, allied with one-third of the ruling triumvirate of beautiful priestesses, the love object of another, and at war with a bunch of Satanists, while demi-humans, dragons, and other countries are wild-cards in the mix. Other than its similarity to the other books/anime, it’s not terrible by any means, though I do get annoyed at the transparent foreshadowing. It kept me entertained for one book, but I’ve no great urge to read further into the series.